The Brown Bess was the musket used by English troops during the Empire extension and consolidation in India and America. Veteran of the Seven Years War, it was used also by Wellington during the war in the Iberian Peninsula and at Waterloo. The infantry troops of almost the entire world used it, from the European Nations allied with the English, American Colonists during the Revolutionary War, to the Mexican troops, who used it until the last battle with United States on the 13th of September 1847 at Chapultepec. Our reproduction has a lock with the signature of the gunsmith William Grice and the date 1762, the crown and the alphabetical letters GR (Georgius Rex). The smooth bore barrel is made of steel, satin finish, the walnut stock is oil finish.
*USE THE BLUEDOG CHECKOUT OPTION FOR ALL FIREARM PURCHASES!!!!!
*This weapon is currently in stock but do to the current rules company’s like PayPal have on weapon sales we can only accept payment via a phone order. We are currently working on solution which should be up in 2 weeks to once again accept order over the web. Feel free to call us at 717-338-1850 and we will be happy to take your order.*
**** * ****
When ordering reproduction firearms from Regimental Quartermaster, please be aware of the following:
- Due to state law in New Jersey, we are unable to ship firearms there.
- We can not ship our reproduction Firearms outside of the United States.
- Before firing any of the listed firearms, we recommend a thorough cleaning of the rifle or revolver.
- We recommend that any live firing should be done with an experienced shooter present.
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase any firearms.
NOTE: ALL black powder musket and revolver shipments require an adult signature for delivery! Due to Legal Restrictions we do not ship firearms to New Jersey or outside the U.S.