A durable leather strap with single roller buckle. This style of strap dates back to about the time of the war of 1812. The US Army used it until early 1863 when all canteens were equipped with cloth straps. This reduced the time it took to get a canteen to the field. Made by our Master Leathersmith in Gettysburg, PA. Made from 7/8 oz. Hermann Oak Hide and available in natural or black dyed leather.