Original M1816 Springfield Musket, one of the 675,000 muskets delivered to the Federal Government between 1817 – 1844. Originally made in 1838, this musket was converted via the Belgian system likely in the 1850s. Lock plate shows “SPRING / FIELD / 1838” vertically in three lines behind the hammer and the Eagle over “U.S.” to the front. Butt plate marked “US”. Faint inspectors cartouche visible on left side of stock. Ramrod is reproduction as many originals have lost theirs to time itself. Barrel is marked “VP” over Eagle and a very faint “1838”. Interior of barrel is clear while the exterior is shows dark patina on visible gun metal. Rear of barrel and tang are significantly pitted. Wood is in remarkable condition with minimal dings and no cracks. The original sling swivels were broken during ownership. Hammer cocks back strong and is mechanically sound.
**** * ****
When ordering reproduction firearms from Regimental Quartermaster, please be aware of the following:
- Due to state law in New Jersey, we are unable to ship firearms there.
- We can not ship our reproduction Firearms outside of the United States.
- Before firing any of the listed firearms, we recommend a thorough cleaning of the rifle or revolver.
- We recommend that any live firing should be done with an experienced shooter present.
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase any firearms.
NOTE: ALL black powder musket and revolver shipments require an adult signature for delivery! Due to Legal Restrictions we do not ship firearms to New Jersey or outside the U.S.