Both the Harpers Ferry and Springfield Armories produced the Model 1842 U.S. Percussion Musket in great numbers from 1844 to 1855. This reproduction is true to the original measurements with a 42 barrel and a total length of 58 inches. The Model 1842 was notable in several aspects, mainly that it was the .69 caliber musket. Additionally, it was the first weapon made at both the Harpers Ferry and Springfield Armory with completely interchangeable parts. Harpers Ferry produced 103,000 while Springfield produced 172,000 for a total production surpassing a quarter of a million arms.
Lockplate is stamped with the Federal Eagle in front of the hammer and vertically marked “SPRING-FIELD” in two lines behind the hammer. Dated 1847 as the production year. The barrel is stamped with the correct style V.P. and Eagle Head proof marks on the breech. NSSA Approved
*This weapon is currently in stock but do to the current rules company’s like PayPal have on weapon sales we can only accept payment via a phone order. We are currently working on solution which should be up in 2 weeks to once again accept order over the web. Feel free to call us at 717-338-1850 and we will be happy to take your order.*
**** * ****
When ordering reproduction firearms from Regimental Quartermaster, please be aware of the following:
- Due to state law in New Jersey, we are unable to ship firearms there.
- We can not ship our reproduction Firearms outside of the United States.
- Before firing any of the listed firearms, we recommend a thorough cleaning of the rifle or revolver.
- We recommend that any live firing should be done with an experienced shooter present.
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase any firearms.
NOTE: ALL black powder musket and revolver shipments require an adult signature for delivery! Due to Legal Restrictions we do not ship firearms to New Jersey or outside the U.S.