This Civil War era military longarm, called the Austrian Muster 1854 “Lorenz” Rifle-Musket, was a favorite European longarm of both the North and the South. During the war, 226,924 such arms were imported to the Union while 100,000 muskets went to the Confederacy. Developed by the Austrian army to replace their older infantry muskets, the accepted design in 1854 utilized an advanced percussion ignition system by Josef Lorenz, a Viennese gunsmith. NSSA Approved.
**** * ****
When ordering reproduction firearms from Regimental Quartermaster, please be aware of the following:
- Due to state law in New Jersey, we are unable to ship firearms there.
- We can not ship our reproduction Firearms outside of the United States.
- Before firing any of the listed firearms, we recommend a thorough cleaning of the rifle or revolver.
- We recommend that any live firing should be done with an experienced shooter present.
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase any firearms.
NOTE: ALL black powder musket and revolver shipments require an adult signature for delivery! Due to Legal Restrictions we do not ship firearms to New Jersey or outside the U.S.