Original, 1863-dated, .58cal M1861 “Savage Arms” contract percussion rifle-musket in excellent condition. Musket is a product of the Savage Revolving Fire Arms Company of Middletown, Connecticut circa 1862-1864. Savage was a major contractor in the Civil War and supplied the Federal government with some 25,000 such muskets for the army. Retains a pleasing appearance and overall pleasant condition. All metal demonstrates a cleaned ‘factory bright’ condition. The stock is in good condition with expected wear and tear and no visible cartouches. Mechanisms are strong and tight. Stamped on lockplate in front of hammer is a spread winged eagle motif above the letters “U.S.”. Just forward is the two-line maker address “SAVAGE R.F.A. Co. / MIDDLETOWN, Ct.” “1863” is stamped on the lockplate behind the hammer. Top flat of breech has the date “1863”, government proofmarks “V/P” over eagle head are visible on the left facet of the barrel and just underneath the stock (photo attached) the barrel is stamped “N.J.” A great piece for any collector. **** * ****
When ordering reproduction firearms from Regimental Quartermaster, please be aware of the following:
- Due to state law in New Jersey, we are unable to ship firearms there.
- We can not ship our reproduction Firearms outside of the United States.
- Before firing any of the listed firearms, we recommend a thorough cleaning of the rifle or revolver.
- We recommend that any live firing should be done with an experienced shooter present.
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase any firearms.
NOTE: ALL black powder musket and revolver shipments require an adult signature for delivery! Due to Legal Restrictions we do not ship firearms to New Jersey or outside the U.S.