The P1853 Enfield Musket was considered the apex European military gun of the time and was manufactured from 1854 to 1867. The Enfield was introduced by the British War Department after several studies to improve the calibers and the dimensions of the previous models. However, it kept the same general appearance of the earlier pattern 1851. Hundreds of thousands were sold to both sides in the US Civil War. The overwhelming majority of P53 Enfields were made by commercial gun makers in Birmingham and London under contract. NSSA approved.
**** * ****
When ordering reproduction firearms from Regimental Quartermaster, please be aware of the following:
- Due to state law in New Jersey, we are unable to ship firearms there.
- We can not ship our reproduction Firearms outside of the United States.
- Before firing any of the listed firearms, we recommend a thorough cleaning of the rifle or revolver.
- We recommend that any live firing should be done with an experienced shooter present.
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase any firearms.
NOTE: ALL black powder musket and revolver shipments require an adult signature for delivery! Due to Legal Restrictions we do not ship firearms to New Jersey or outside the U.S.