It was considered the apex European military gun of that time, introduced by the British War Department after several studies to improve the calibers and the dimensions of the previous models. However, it kept the same general appearance of the earlier pattern 1851. Hundreds of thousands were sold to both sides in the US Civil War. The overwhelming majority of P53 Enfields were made by commercial gun makers in Birmingham and London under contract. The Enfield P1853 features a ladder rear sight with a slider assembled on a base with steps, steel barrel’s bands and other brass furniture. The ramrod tip is shaped with the characteristic jag slot (NOTE: NOT for cotton patches!). The musket is equipped with two sling swivels, one fit under the front band and the other one fits in front of the trigger guard. The barrel is blued and lock case hardened. The stock is made of walnut. NSSA APPROVED.
**** * ****
When ordering reproduction firearms from Regimental Quartermaster, please be aware of the following:
- Due to state law in New Jersey, we are unable to ship firearms there.
- We can not ship our reproduction Firearms outside of the United States.
- Before firing any of the listed firearms, we recommend a thorough cleaning of the rifle or revolver.
- We recommend that any live firing should be done with an experienced shooter present.
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase any firearms.
NOTE: ALL black powder musket and revolver shipments require an adult signature for delivery! Due to Legal Restrictions we do not ship firearms to New Jersey or outside the U.S.