Although the resourcefully equipped Confederate soldier could not compete with Union repeating rifles, it was a different story when it came to revolvers. These handguns did not typically require a special type of ammunition, making them easy for Southern troops to acquire and operate. This Confederate Pistol was born of a need for the South to arm itself.
The .36 caliber revolver was adopted as the standard revolver of the Confederate Government. The Spiller & Burr was modeled after the Whitney Revolver with only a few minor adjustments. During the Southern campaign only 1,500 revolvers were actually made making them very hard to find and desirable. This replica is perfect for live shooting, re-enactments or display. This replica features a 6.5″ blued octagonal barrel, brass frame, brass guard, and walnut grip. It is available in .36 caliber, weighs 2.75 lbs., and is 12.5″ in length.
*This weapon is currently in stock but do to the current rules company’s like PayPal have on weapon sales we can only accept payment via a phone order. We are currently working on solution which should be up in 2 weeks to once again accept order over the web. Feel free to call us at 717-338-1850 and we will be happy to take your order.*
**** * ****
When ordering reproduction firearms from Regimental Quartermaster, please be aware of the following:
- Due to state law in New Jersey, we are unable to ship firearms there.
- We can not ship our reproduction Firearms outside of the United States.
- Before firing any of the listed firearms, we recommend a thorough cleaning of the rifle or revolver.
- We recommend that any live firing should be done with an experienced shooter present.
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase any firearms.
NOTE: ALL black powder musket and revolver shipments require an adult signature for delivery! Due to Legal Restrictions we do not ship firearms to New Jersey or outside the U.S.