Civil War “sergeant’s” wall tent, measures 6′ high, has 24″ high side walls, is 8’6″ wide, and 9′ deep. Single door is standard. Second door and sod cloth options are available for additional charge. Tent fly is NOT included, but is available separately.
Our standard tents and flies are made from 10.38 ounce cotton duck canvas and are fire, water, & mildew resistant. Poles, stakes, & ropes are not included.
~Tent can take one week to make before shipping!!!
* A sod cloth is a band of material 10″ – 15″ that is sewn in around the bottom of a tent. Its purpose is to create a seal to the ground. This is accomplished by placing sod on it (burying it) this will prevent wind and rain from entering the tent from the bottom.
Pole and Stake Requirements
- One (1) Ridge Pole 2×3 or 2×4, should be 9’ in length
- Two (2) Upright Poles 2×3 or 2×4, should be 5’ 9”
- Eight (8) Wall Support Poles, each 2’ High
- 8 Ropes for Side Support, two on each corner for extra stability.
- Twenty (20) Tent Stakes
Uprights require a 10 penny nail or steel pin at least 3/8” in diameter. The length of the pin should be five (5) inches with three (3) inches inserted into the upright. IMPORTANT: the pin should NOT protrude through the ridge pole.
Iron tent stakes are recommended and can be found at http://www.regtqm.com